Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Your post-holiday gift to yourself

And yes, I know I've been a terrible comedy fan and have barely gone to any shows of late. Have not so much been in the mood to laugh but new year, new attempt to be a good comedy blogger and laugh until I pee in my pants. I mean, almost pee in my pants.

Now that you've survived (or thrived or gorged yourselves) the holidays, you deserve a treat, and what better one than comedian Bob Powers's new book Happy Cruelty Day! Daily Celebrations of Quiet Desperation? I suggest carrying it around with you and looking up whoever you encounter's birthday and seeing what terrible fate befalls them. Will it be "Your High School Girlfriend Is Now An Ass Model Day?" or "Just Because You Can't Remember Anything About Last Night, It Doesn't Necessarily Mean That You're An Alcoholic Day" or "Date a Wizard Day" Or "Hot Date With a Conspiracy Theorist Day" or simply "Your Commemorative 9/11 Bong Is In Poor Taste And You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself Day?" Find your own at happycrueltyday.com but really do yourself a favor and check out the book. I had to finally put it away cause it was hurting me from laughing too much. See also: Susie Felber's interview with Bob at CC Insider.

I also plan to interview Bob because I simply must get the scoop on his Publishers Weekly review. Also: Book party Thursday, January 25th at 7:30 pm at Mo Pitkins, 34 Avenue A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home